Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sharing God's truth to the thirsty is unlike any accomplishment. Yesterday my dad invited me to speak at his youth group ( My dad is a pastor of a congregation just south of Tel Aviv) . This was the smallest crowd I had spoken to in a while ( 2 kids, and 2 adult leaders one of them my dad ) yet when preparing for this time, I knew God had a word for these kids. God wants to define who we are, but by speaking to our souls.

The Hebrew word "Bara" is create, yet in the bible this word is only referred to God the only one who can call something into existence. When God created Man, he look and saw that it was Tov Meod, " very good" . As we are a new creation in Messiah, God looks at us and says Tov Meod. We are that new creation that he intends us to be , and God will define who we are.
As these two kids soaked it in , I was reminded how God cares for all who seek him, gently reminding myself to seek God with all my heart, so that He, and he alone, would define me in the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment